I’m enjoying this tumblr dedicated to bad ConLang ideas. Some highlights:
- A language that is right branching when the speaker is happy and left branching when sad.
- Boustrophedon is pretty cool, and having letters that are rotations and flips of other letters means that you have to make fewer letter shapes, making it easier to create and alphabet, so why not use both together?
- Your gender system should classify dead people based on how they died, and living people based on how you think they will die or how you want them to die. One of the grammatical genders is used only for wombat attacks.
- A conlang where each number is expressed as its prime factorization, rather than using a place system
- Require in your conlang unreleased implosives, like /ɠ̚/, after every few words or so. That way you can sound like you’re speaking to a nice thumping bass beat.